Wednesday, May 4, 2011

To All who do this - nature of obtaining

When I hated the two leading my son astray, I was bitter, envious, malitious, unforgiving, enraged to name a few of the things boiling inside.

1. I could not force myself to change.

2. God convicted me of my sinful attitude and refusal to forgive.

3. He brought Bible promises, commands, admonitions, and SOP quotes to my memory.

4. conviction, repentance, forgiveness toward others and being forgiven are equally the work of the Holy Ghost and Christ's gifts sent down by the Holy Ghost.

5. Surrender by choosing to surrender, claim the promises, act on the words from God, find out what is expected and what is offered, put your self in the expected position to receive what is offered, then act like you have it , God will activate it when He's ready and you comply with His conditions and instructions .

So with the followers of Christ. We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We cannot discern the character of God, or accept Christ by faith, unless we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. To all who do this the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily, and in Him ye are made full." Col. 2:9, 10, R. V. {DA 181.1}


Acts 5:
31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Till I repented of my bitter, envious, malitious, unforgiving, enraged attitude I did not want to forgive and was unable to forgive. So I had to break the total problem down into seperate but linked steps, and pray and decide / surrender at each point and ask God to make each cure happen - bitterness ( ask God to lead me to His cure in Scripture & SOP, then work in me to be made willing and able and actually repent and apply the cure in me and to my attitude & behaviour.)

bitter, envious, malitious, unforgiving, enraged was broken down into seperate but linked steps in a cure for a larger problem, once these were done - I asked for Agape, Agapous, Philios - toward them so that I could never - hate & have bitterness, enviousness, malitiousness, unforgivingness, rage - toward them again ever as long as my physical lifespan continued, but rather to love them in my sphere as He does in His. With His Agape, Agapous, Philios ( He did over time )

Un-forgiveness ceased to be there toward them any more, because I asked Jesus to tutor me step by step through His curative process, and chose to submit myself to Him in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment